Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 3, 2008


The little bag was my first hand needlefelted project. I found an old plum colored sweater at the thrift shop and felted it, cut a couple little squares and needlefelted the flower on the front. It was a learning experience that I throughly enjoyed. I had issues with the construction stitching showing so I grabbed some fibers and couched on the seam to hide the problems!! Just another happy accident. The little plaque is polymer clay...that is such a fun creative medium. I got the base plaque at the thrift shop also....you know the ones that have a sappy verse about grandma or about being a friend forever??? I conditioned the clay and rolled out about 1/4 inch thick and cut to all sizes. Used some pigment powders and deep cut stamps to texture and punch different colors and baked. Transferred a photo of some friends onto one tile and arranged and attached to the base. Add some glitter glue as grout and embellished with buttons and a key. Makes a great engagement present, dont you think?

No comments: